Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Finishing Well|Finishing Strong

     Yesterday, when painting with my sister, I really gave it my all and just kept on working. By the time I got back to my house I was sore, tired and needed a nap. I also am probably suffering from the cold and flu. It felt great to work hard and finish a job and be exhausted. I used to be fairly athletically and physically active and competative and many times it came out in a not so nice way. I still don't have it all figured out - I can really work hard, I like to do well, I feel good when I can look back and see a job well done. I also in the past have quit - I sometimes have a very difficult time figuring everything out. What do I want, truly what do I desire and what is best for me? Can I make good decisions consistently? Can I motivate and coach and counsel and be a true helper and friend? What do I have and what can I be? What do I want? There are always trade-offs - more time or more money, or more money and less time. What satisfies me? What is most important?
     So thinking about myself and my smallness - I googled to see what God says - well actually what Saint Paul wrote and I find an enlightened web page If I Can Run The Race and read what some one else is saying about what the Bible says. Read more at http://www.catholicvu.com/. Kathy Bernard does a very good job with references about running the race for Christ, being prepared, not stopping and finally finishing well.
     Recently I was listening to Relevant Radio and the talk show was about people who seem to throw out God at the end of their lives. What I know and what I observed is if we are faithful, always and everywhere, we will not loose hope and faith in the last years or moments of our life. God promises many things for being faithful - as a child of God I can claim the promises of God and know when it is time to for the great conductor God to ask for my ticket, I will have a good ticket in hand and be ready for the journey.
     Give life your all, make your life count in the way God our Father, Christ our Brother and the Holy Spirit are calling you in all things - great and small. Don't quit when you feel defeated or depressed. Continue on and seek the right paths and we know as Christians the right path is not normally the path the world tells. Along the way please slow down and find joy and happiness - the true joy and happiness that only the love of God gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment