Monday, December 8, 2014

Pray For Your Family

     The family that prays together, stays together. Do you pray for your family? I have a list of daily prayer intentions and Mondays are designated as a day to pray for your family. Just pray - name the person and name the request. Encourage the person to do everything they can to help and aid them and then let go and let God. One of the best gifts I have been given is two single brothers who pray for their entire family everyday and name special requests. They pray for healing, employment and other needs and especially for the to be born babies. They will probably never have children of their own, so they pour out their love for the nieces and nephew and now the grand-nieces and grand nephews. 

    Family pray is grounded in the Bible. From the King James Bible-
Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:19 - Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 - Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.


    Pray for and with your family, always and everywhere and everyday. Just pray and then pray again. Flood heaven with your prayers and receive answers. All prayer is answered, but, not always as we seek and ask. God who is infinite knows what is truly good for us and works in a time and place that is beyond our knowledge and understanding. For many years now I have kept prayer list and then note when prayers are answered. I have been amazed at God's timing and answers.    


No comments:

Post a Comment